Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lyell.. the result of flickr foraging .. Inspiration item#33

I was doing some flickr foraging in Grey's Anatomy ad breaks when I stumbled across Lyell. As you can see from the quantity of the photos I was impressed. Very impressed and slightly intoxicatingly in love.I discovered that Lyell is the lovechild of Emma Fletcher, an Australian designer (yes, I know yet again another brilliant child is spawned from our shores).
Apparently she was inspired by a childhood in Sydney where she was dragged by her mother to an inordinate number of flea markets and antique shops (ok, the article didn't say dragged but 8yr olds aren't that keen on antiques, even abnormally stylish ones).
These are shots from Fletcher's Fall 2008 collection... I love the fact that they've used a curly-haired model and a crazy 1920s art deco house, with a little Darajeeling thrown in (forget about non-intrusive minimalism).
Fletcher won the Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation award last year and used it to fund this collection. Personally I'm also loving the Fall collection of the previous year which heavily dipped into 1920s 'I'm trimming the hedgerows' type elegance (will have to blog later down the track - can't use all the pretty images at once). But if you can't wait have a look at www.fabsugar.com/994358.Emma Fletcher also owns a small boutique in nyc where she stocks her own designs and rare vintage finds from European labels.
I'm not the only one who's in sweet love with Fletcher's designs. Apparently Michelle Williams has been shopping at the store since 2004. And quote: "Her fans also include like-minded, low-key beauties, such as Natalie Portman and Zooey Deschanel, who sports Lyell in her new movie Gigantic." (www.elle.com/Fashion/Fashion-Spotlight/Lyell).The label is going into its fifth year and can be found at www.lyellnyc.com.

Inspiration Item #33

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I JUST did a post on Lyell! Glad to see I'm not the only one obsessed! :) These pictures are so amazing

    http://www.fashionizzle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete